• Posted by tito-oye on October 27, 2021 at 9:00 am

Recently I have been experiencing a ringing in my ears, and automatically, like with any health-related concern I have, I think it may be related to having sickle cell. I know this may not be the case, but I do know that sickle cell can have many effects on one’s health.

I have booked an appointment with an audiologist and I’m hoping it is nothing serious.

Have you ever experienced issues with your hearing, and was it a result of having sickle cell?

tito-oye replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • helena-robinson

November 2, 2021 at 10:01 am

That’s interesting. Please keep us updated, I too have ringing every once in a while but just play it off as getting older.

• tito-oye

November 4, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Hey Helena, I’ll be sure to give an update when I hear anything back. I should be having some tests soon, hopefully it is nothing to worry about *fingers crossed*

• viviane-salzman

November 6, 2021 at 7:39 pm

Hi guys,

I have some issues with my ears as well.  My hearing is declining and I have been prescribed hearing aids.  I never asked my doctor if it is related to sickle cell😩Good luck Tito.  Please keep us posted.

• tito-oye

November 10, 2021 at 8:28 am

Thank you Viviane, I get the ringing in my ears roughly once a month and it can last roughly 10 minutes.

Sorry to hear that about your hearing, Have you started using the hearing aids yet? If so, how do you find them?