• Friends with Sickle Cell

Posted by Tito Oye on July 29, 2022 at 9:00 am

Do you have friends with sickle cell?

This is something that I didn’t have growing up, and honestly, I really wanted it.

Experiencing a condition like sickle cell at such a young age is very confusing, and not being able to relate with any of your peers makes the experience harder. I can only imagine that knowing someone who goes through it to makes it easier.

Do you agree/disagree? Did you know anyone with sickle cell growing up?

Kassem Banawer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Michael Quadri

October 14, 2022 at 4:16 am

When I was younger I didn’t see much about sickle cell outside of my friends and family. However, as more awareness is being raised, I am starting to see more information about it. I understand how important it is for a person with sickle cell to have a solid support network. This is something I have seen from experience that really helps and I try to make myself as available to support how and when I can.

What about you @tito-oye how do you find your support network now? Have they helped you or is there any areas you’d like more support in?

• Michael Quadri

October 14, 2022 at 4:16 am

When I was younger I didn’t see much about sickle cell outside of my friends and family. However, as more awareness is being raised, I am starting to see more information about it. I understand how important it is for a person with sickle cell to have a solid support network. This is something I have seen from experience that really helps and I try to make myself as available to support how and when I can.

What about you @tito-oye how do you find your support network now? Have they helped you or is there any areas you’d like more support in?

• Kassem Banawer

October 14, 2022 at 3:40 pm

i don’t have friends with SCD but i think it would be more better if i have, to share all my worries and concern with him.