Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Adults​ ​With​ ​Sickle Cell Has sickle cell ever been an advantage to you?

• Has sickle cell ever been an advantage to you?

Posted by Tito Oye on July 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm

I am trying to focus more on the positive aspects of my life and I have been thinking about the ways sickle cell has benefited me in my life.

One of the ways I’ve benefited is by having a freedom pass. This means that I am able to travel all over London and other parts of England for free, barring a few restrictions. This is something that I am very thankful for as travelling in London can be pretty expensive.

In what ways have you benefited?

Kassem Banawer replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • viviane salzman

July 23, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Hi Tito!

This is awesome! I wish I had this information before as I was in London two years ago.  It was not cheap riding the Metro.  Although I am unsure if this would apply to me since I am not a UK citizen.

I don’t think sickle cell has benefited me in any way.  I, however think that the Lord knows why I have this disease.  I think that my life would definitely be different had I did not carry the diagnosis.  I cannot say if it would be better or worse, one never know!  Anyway, I think the disease helps me be a very compassionate, empathetic human being.

Great subject Tito!

• Tito Oye

August 5, 2020 at 8:48 am

Ahh if you ever move to London make sure you look into it!!!

I definitely agree when it comes to being a compassionate and empathetic human being. I’m sure it has given me a more appreciative and understanding outlook on life!

• Kassem Banawer

August 9, 2020 at 8:54 am

Nop, SCD has never benefit my life with any positivity, it’s making me suffering, really.