Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tito Oye
    Keymaster

Do you know (or know of) anyone with sickle cell who you look up to?

I didn’t know many people with sickle cell growing up, but now, I draw so much motivation from the sickle cell community by seeing what we all go through and still manage to overcome!!!

Tracey
    Participant

I never get a response when I reply to questions here. I am one with sickle cell that people look up to or speak of. People just don’t go on social media.  I was told I’ll only make 19 but I’m almost 60. I’m 58 and I don’t find any good resources unless we create it ourselves

Tito Oye
    Keymaster

Hey Tracey, I hope you’re doing well. Wow, I am so happy you’re continuing to beat the odds and that people are looking up to you.

Yeah, you’re right! The best resources are definitely the ones made for us by us!

Sadly, I have no one I look up to, I was all alone until I found this community.

Helena Robinson
    Participant

That’s awesome to hear Tracey. I too lived most of my youth thinking I was only going to live to my 30s or 40s, but I’m still hanging in there. Also, my crises have drastically reduced and for the most part I feel really good. Glad to hear others are hanging in there too!

Helena Robinson
    Participant

I used to look up to T-Boz from TLC the music group. I really liked seeing someone like me making it big and being so active. I followed her for a while but I’m not sure what she is up to now. Also, I just found out this year about Asiata Onikoyi-Laguda, I was excited to see someone with SCD live so long and have such a full life.

Tito Oye
    Keymaster

Hey Eniola, unfortunately, this is a common thing for many people with sickle cell. It’s not always easy to come across people with sickle cell that are also role models, but I am so happy that you are able to take comfort in these forums, I hope they continue to be useful to you ♥️♥️

Tito Oye
    Keymaster

Hey Helena, It’s so encouraging to hear that you are doing so well!! I’m hoping for the same!

I remember when I found out that T-Boz has sickle cell, I was happy to see someone with sickle cell doing so much, she is so inspirational!

Asiata Onikoyi-Laguda is also a major inspiration and something that I hope for all of us ♥️

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account