• valerie-bailey

April 15, 2022 at 10:22 am

Oh boy! I am very proud of myself. I haven’t done all I want to do yet but I have accomplished a lot. First I am 56 years old! Yay! That is huge. I am educated. I have an undergraduate degree in Special Education, a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology and a PhD in Counseling Psychology. I was blessed with two daughters who are adults now. I am a grandmother of one precious three year old granddaughter. I have traveled extensively. I’ve been throughout Mexico and the USA, three countries in Europe, most of the Caribbean islands and Hawaii, Puerto Rico, South and Central America. So I have gotten around. I also write and have published the American Pride Middle Grade book The Colors of Our Hope. I have many more books I am trying to publish. That’s one of my goals that keep me going. I also founded and direct a nonprofit organization that focuses on helping people rebuild their lives after a life circumstances such as domestic violence, incarcerations, addictions, severe illness. I have had to rebuild my life back many times. The support and encouragement I received helped me to overcome and keep pushing. That’s what we are trying to do in our outreach. We support our local sickle cell association and provide services that we can. I am blessed to have many volunteers who love to give back. I think you have to do what you can with what you have and constantly build upon your skills. Humans are always learning and adapting and moving through opposition. It is what makes us strong.

• valerie-bailey

April 15, 2022 at 10:23 am

Oh boy! I am very proud of myself. I haven’t done all I want to do yet but I have accomplished a lot. First I am 56 years old! Yay! That is huge. I am educated. I have an undergraduate degree in Special Education, a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology and a PhD in Counseling Psychology. I was blessed with two daughters who are adults now. I am a grandmother of one precious three year old granddaughter. I have traveled extensively. I’ve been throughout Mexico and the USA, three countries in Europe, most of the Caribbean islands and Hawaii, Puerto Rico, South and Central America. So I have gotten around. I also write and have published the American Pride Middle Grade book The Colors of Our Hope. I have many more books I am trying to publish. That’s one of my goals that keep me going. I also founded and direct a nonprofit organization that focuses on helping people rebuild their lives after a life circumstances such as domestic violence, incarcerations, addictions, severe illness. I have had to rebuild my life back many times. The support and encouragement I received helped me to overcome and keep pushing. That’s what we are trying to do in our outreach. We support our local sickle cell association and provide services that we can. I am blessed to have many volunteers who love to give back. I think you have to do what you can with what you have and constantly build upon your skills. Humans are always learning and adapting and moving through opposition. It is what makes us strong. A seed has to push through the dark soil to get to the sun and blossom!

• viviane-salzman

April 16, 2022 at 4:21 pm

Wow Valerie!  That is amazing! So many accomplishments. Very proud of you. Do you have SS?  I assume that you do not get sick too often and that is a blessing.

I am 51 years old.  Like you, I enjoy traveling.  I am originally from Haiti but live in the US.  I reside in Massachusetts and I have visited many of the states.  I have been to Asia (Hong Kong) before the craziness, I have been to France a few times, I visited London and would like to return some day.  I have been  to Canada several times.  I visited Jamaica, Barbados, Costarica.  I have not been able to travel ever since COVID hit.

I am an RN (BSN) and worked at different settings – hospitals, nursing homes, rehab, home care etc.

My husband & I have four adopted  daughters age 14, 12, 11 & 10.

I am a Christian and that is my greatest accomplishment of all.

Stay blessed!

• michael-quadri

April 19, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing guys! These are definitely things to be proud of & I wish you both even more success in the future.

I love that you have both travelled and seen so much of the world.  That’s definitely something on my bucket list to do.

I am from the UK, born and raised in London. I have travelled to Hong Kong, America a couple of times. New York and Chicago/Iowa for work.

I love fitness and sports. I also play the piano and have been playing for my local church.