Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Adults​ ​With​ ​Sickle Cell Do you have health/life insurance?

• rodney-mcnary

February 14, 2020 at 7:53 am

Unfortunately Michael, I think our healthcare system is on the brink of collapse.I found out about two years ago, that most doctors will no longer take in Sickle Cell patient. Everything is about a dollar. But definitely carry my own life insurance.

• sam-iyanu

February 17, 2020 at 3:47 pm

I have been trying to get life insurance but denied due to SCD. Which insurance company/ies are out there that will not mind insuring a person with SCD?

• michael-quadri

February 19, 2020 at 1:47 am

Thanks for your responses Rodney and Sam, have you ever considered going through your employer? Usually employers have insurance programs they carry out for their employees. It may be worth trying with your employer.

• steve-m

March 5, 2020 at 7:37 pm

Hello Michael I have health insurance thank God but haven’t been able to get life insurance, been denied 3 times so far unfortunately but I keep looking if you or anybody knows where to go let us know please..

• michael-quadri

March 6, 2020 at 2:05 am

Hello Steve,

Do you mind sharing the name of the health insurance company, just in case other are currently looking?

Also if I hear of any life insurance companies I will let you know!

• steve-m

March 6, 2020 at 4:26 am

Yes of course it is United Health Care  (HCA) never had any problems with this insurance

Please do if you or anybody has one of find one let us know… thank you..

• michael-quadri

March 9, 2020 at 6:25 am

Thanks for sharing Steve,

If I get any information, I will definitely update the forum and inform you.