• Sickle cell and leg ulcers

Posted by tracy on June 2, 2022 at 12:28 pm

Living with sickle cell is a constant daily battle as an adult. The battle to remember to eat healthy, drink water and avoid stress. I go through most of my activities of the day in pain. But the worst complication i have ever experienced is leg ulcers. Apart from the fact that it is exceedingly painful, it is beyond embarrassing to be carrying a sore around as an adult. I have done wound mcs and took the antibiotics prescribed it didnt work. i am currently using honey to dress the wound. What else can i do to make it heal and never re occur. P.S this is the third time i am having a leg ulcer. It heals up and re_occurs. Guys please help me the pain is excruciating and i am confused. It’s really affecting my work and social life(non-existent though)

kassem-banawer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • tito-oye

October 3, 2022 at 8:42 am

Hi @tracy, thanks for sharing this topic. This isn’t something that I have experienced myself so I am hoping that someone else from the forums sees this and is able to share their perspective.

• kassem-banawer

October 5, 2022 at 1:28 am

God bless you @Tracy hope you can find a cure for that, i didn’t face this before, really sorry.