Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Esiwo Ashaka
    Participant

I have been searching for information about the interactions of the Coronavirus and SCD. How much at risk are those living with SCD? We keep on hearing about the elderly, those with underlying medical conditions (without mentioning specifics except asthma and other respiratory illnesses) and the pregnant. I found only one medical resource journal that specifically mentioned Sickle Cell Disease amongst other illnesses vulnerable to succumbing to the Coronavirus. If anyone has any further information or advise please kindly share. Thanks

Tito Oye
    Keymaster

This is so true!

We are in a situation which no-one was ready for, and health care professionals are trying to figure out the best thing for us and they are trying to give us the most accurate information. That being said, the information is very limited, but I will share what I have come across:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) & Sickle Cell Disorder

Celeste Bento
    Participant

Hi,

The members of EuroBloodNet are working to keep SCD patients and doctors updated.

You can find information at

https://eurobloodnet.eu/news/99/covid-19-infection-and-red-blood-cell-disorders

Michael Quadri

Thanks for sharing Celeste!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account