Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tito Oye
    Keymaster

What was your experience like as you moved from paediatric care to adult care? Was it smooth? What would you have changed?

I was an adult when I was diagnosed. 32y. There was pain but I did not know the source. During pregnancy was the most painful experiences. I believe having a knowledgable hematologist is crucial for care. It is my understanding from my doctors that Sickle Cell Disease is progressive. I will be 67y this year. My pain increased and now the Hydroxyurea is increased which has helped tremendously. I believe reading factual info is crucial to one’s health as one becomes older from teenage years and older. Unless a parent has the condition, identifying with that deep pain is difficult. A parent’s support though must be accepted and appreciated.

Kassem Banawer
    Participant

its really more hard to me more pain , more afraid , more medication, in recent years was better with respect to me, now its more hard and painful.

Tito Oye
    Keymaster

Oh wow Mrs Norris-Mulligan, 32?!

Yes, you’re right, having a knowledgable haematologist is essential.

I am so happy Hydroxyurea is helping you – it did wonders for me too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account