Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Parents and Caregivers While your love one is experience a crisis, at what point do you seek medical attention?

Tagged: , ,

• While your love one is experience a crisis, at what point do you seek medical attention?

Posted by Michael Quadri on July 9, 2020 at 9:00 am

Watching a loved one in so much pain is very upsetting and could be very dangerous if not managed properly. At what point during a crisis would you say that the situation needs medical assistance?

Kassem Banawer replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kassem Banawer

July 10, 2020 at 6:09 am

With respect to my experience with SCD crisis, there are three levels of crises which can be divided into level 1 scale range of pain almost between 1-3 : level 2 between 4-6 and level three between 7-10 which is the highest level of pain, all these number is my own, so if the scale is level 1, it is very easy to manage it at home, level 2 also can be manage at home but should be more careful because level 2 if does manage in right procedure so it will reach level 3 which is the dangerous level and cant be handled at home, at the end level 3 should be manage directly in hospital and under doctor monitor because it can be more painful and dangerous, this is in my opinion and depend on my years of experience in SCD crisis.