Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Motivational Mondays Are you part of a support group? If so, how do they help?

Tagged: , ,

• Are you part of a support group? If so, how do they help?

Posted by michael-quadri on June 29, 2020 at 9:00 am

Having a support group or a supportive network can be very beneficial. It can be the difference between having a good day and having a great day. I don’t necessarily have a support group but I have an extremely supportive family and friends that have always been extremely reliable when I called on them for help or assistance.

kassem-banawer replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • viviane-salzman

June 30, 2020 at 2:13 pm

I am part of a support group, and yes the group makes a big difference in my life.  Although we have not been able to meet since the pandemic, there are some members I can call when I am experiencing the blues.  It is good to meet other people with sickle cell.  They are the only people who can really understand because they are going to the same thing.  When I call them, they encourage me, giving me tips on how to cope.  I think being part of a group can have very positive impact on one’s life.

• kassem-banawer

July 1, 2020 at 1:47 am

My family is my best support team especially my lovely wife, she always beside me and support me in all times.

• tito-oye

July 9, 2020 at 7:43 am

Support groups are so essential!!

Viviane I hope you’ve been able to still connect with them all and that you are all doing well!

Kassem we are so thankful for people like her – people who just make everything better!

• kassem-banawer

July 10, 2020 at 6:11 am

Sure Tito i hope that for everyone