• Handling Stress with Sickle Cell

Posted by Tito Oye on July 26, 2022 at 9:00 am

Stress is a normal part of everyday life, it can come from our relationships, workplaces, schools, you name it. If we can eliminate certain stressors, then we should, however, in the instances where we cannot avoid stress, it is important that we deal with it in a healthy manner.

For me, this looks like:

1. Stepping away from the causes of stress, taking a break, and practising some breathing exercises
    2. Spending time doing something that I love, for example, talking to friends, watching a film/show that I like
    3. Thinking of other ways to better handle the cause(s) of the stress and asking for advice for people who could help

How do you handle stress?

Tito Oye replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Michael Quadri

October 3, 2022 at 9:39 am

When facing a stressful situation I also spend some time doing things I like. For example, I would go to the gym, go for a run or play a game on my PS5. Doing such activities help me bring my stress levels down, after which I can go back to the cause of the stressful situation with a level head and address it more efficiently.

• Kassem Banawer

October 5, 2022 at 1:24 am

My Anti-Stress magic potions are deep sleep, watching movies and playing online games, LOL

• Tito Oye

October 6, 2022 at 9:48 am

A good nap can do wonders lol 😀 @virus