Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Sickle-Cell Anemia Have you had the Covid-19 vaccine?

• kassem-banawer

February 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

Nop, Not yet but I already registered my name to take it as soon as possible.

• tito-oye

February 20, 2021 at 9:38 am

@virus ahh amazing! Do you know which one you are getting?

• mrs-norris-mulligan

February 22, 2021 at 8:42 am

@michael-quadri
    I received the Moderna vaccine on February 14. Here individuals can be vaccinated 65y and older… I was very relieved, like a burden lifted. I was not sure initially about getting the vaccine, but comorbidity would be life threatening. Hopefully, all will be vaccinated expeditiously. My state did not receive 8,000 doses and had to cancel and reschedule appointments. Therefore, I began searching and stop being so particular about being near a hospital for the vaccine.Praying for all!

• tracey

March 5, 2021 at 3:42 pm

I received my first Pfizer shot and the second one is March 8. I didn’t have any issues with the first one and don’t expect any with the second one

• kassem-banawer

March 9, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Nop, not yet still on waiting list, unfortunately.

• helena-robinson

March 12, 2021 at 4:30 pm

I’m a little hesitant to get it although I do understand why many do plan to take it. Do you know of anyone with Sickle Cell not planning to take it? I would love to get different views on it.

• tito-oye

March 16, 2021 at 10:03 am

Hi @lena-robbie, I know an individual with sickle cell who currently doesn’t not plan on getting the vaccine, feel free to message him on his sickle cell instagram to speak to him about it https://instagram.com/wantsuk?igshid=1l5s9u3s3s5ak

• tito-oye

March 16, 2021 at 10:04 am

Hey Kassem @virus, do you know when you’re likely to get it?

• tito-oye

March 16, 2021 at 10:05 am

@noyalt How did you feel after the second shot?

• oluwatomi

March 24, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Many of my classmates are getting their vaccines, but I am not yet 16 and here that is the minimum age for the vaccine, so it’ll be a few months before I can get mine. Hopefully the pandemic would have gone way down by then. Good thing I rarely leave my house!