Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Diagnosis​ Info ​and​ ​General​ ​Questions How do you deal with a crisis when you are not in the hospital?

Tagged: , , ,

• How do you deal with a crisis when you are not in the hospital?

Posted by tito-oye on June 9, 2020 at 6:54 am

Just because we’re on lockdown doesn’t mean that sickle cell is non-existent. We may still be experiencing the symptoms of sickle cell just as much as, or maybe even more than, before.

During this pandemic, I am trying to avoid the hospital whenever possible so I have been doing all I can at home to stay healthy.

When it comes to managing a crisis at home, what do you do to help? 

kassem-banawer replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kassem-banawer

June 9, 2020 at 4:42 pm

In my case and this is happens a lot of times i have an Urgent Plan at home such of Medication like opioid ampules and saline and i can manage myself even no body with me i have an experience about saline and the medication doses, so that’s it and sure i will contact my doctor to inform him on phone and he will control my dosage, that’s all.

• michael-quadri

June 23, 2020 at 5:52 am

It is good to know that you are keeping on top of things.   I know that procedures and protocols have changed drastically and it is really good to know that you have been managing well.

• kassem-banawer

June 23, 2020 at 6:02 am

yes sure Michael the man can be doctor himself, i have a wide experience in my SCD case and i can manage it, even that takes a lot of suffered years from my life at least now i’m little stable, thanks god.