Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Adults​ ​With​ ​Sickle Cell How much water do you drink daily?

Tagged: ,

• Colleen

July 28, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I love water so I drink above requirements.  I have a  30oz Yeti cup filled with ice and water I carry around.  When I get tired of it, I switch to Gatorade or now I’m drinking Pedialyte for adults.  It’s helps a lot when I get dehydrated.

• Tito Oye

August 5, 2020 at 6:59 am

Yeah carrying a bottle of water is so handy!

• Kassem Banawer

August 9, 2020 at 9:01 am

i now that water is very important to SCD patients i have no idea how much should i drink daily or must be, but usually i’m drinking my enough amount of water almost 1.5 to 2 liters per day, i don’t know if this is enough or should i drink more ????!??!!

• Tito Oye

August 10, 2020 at 12:39 pm

I try to drink 2-3 litres a day.

The aim is to avoid dehydration. When we are dehydrated our blood becomes thicker and it doesn’t move as easily around the body and ultimately this can lead to a crisis.

So the more water we drink = better blood flow

Water also helps to combat jaundice!

• Michele Roberts

October 30, 2022 at 7:16 pm

Not nearly enough.   My average intake is 54 oz.

• Michael Quadri

October 31, 2022 at 6:45 am

Drinking water does feel like a chore at times so I understand why your intake may be lower than you wish @healed56. Is there anything that you think you could do (or anyone who is also in your position) to help encourage a higher water intake?