Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Quadri

There are endless sayings that emphasize the healing powers of time, but does time really solve everything?

I have a friend with sickle who was recently told that she is no longer able to have a stem cell transplant that was promised to her. Her dreams of a life free from sickle cell were taken away from her in an instant and she has had to come to terms with the harsh reality of dealing with sickle cell.

In an attempt to comfort her, I too found myself saying that “time will heal”, but I now question that phrase.

I know that eventually, she will be able to move on from this upset, however, just because time has passed does not mean she doesn’t hurt.

What are your thoughts on the phrase?

Leola Conley
    Participant

In my opinion not. I am a parent of a 22 year old who has SS. I feel that there are just some things that time cannot heal.  You learn to adapt, accept, and get through it.  But in your friend’s case I am sure there  will always be some hurt that she/he  can no longer get a stem cell transplant. She or he were so looking forward to beginning a life free from pain and unexpected hospitalizations, doctor visits, restricted activities, etc. As the song goes, I Can Only Imagine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account