Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Adults​ ​With​ ​Sickle Cell What helps you when you’re stressed?

Tagged: , ,

• What helps you when you’re stressed?

Posted by Tito Oye on April 22, 2022 at 9:00 am

Stress is one of my biggest triggers of a sickle cell crisis so I need to avoid it whenever I can.

This is easier said than done but it is essential.

One thing that helps me is talking about how I feel. Whenever I start to feel my stress levels building, I speak to my loved ones, and more often than not, they are able to help me think of practical solutions to help manage/reduce my stress.

Is stress a trigger for you? What do you do when you feel stressed?

Joyce replied 1 year, 10 months ago 6 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Kassem Banawer

April 23, 2022 at 6:37 am

me usually to feel relax after stress just waching movie, make me forget stress

• Tito Oye

April 27, 2022 at 1:47 am

@virus nice!!! What is your favourite film?

• Oluwatomi

May 13, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Taking walks, or just pacing, and sipping hot water helps me when I’m stressed! Also, essential oils (particularly lavender), writing, doing puzzles, resting with my guinea pigs, and watching YouTube videos help.

• Michael Quadri

May 19, 2022 at 8:17 am

For me, it’s definitely going to the gym. Some form of physical exercise really does help with getting me in the right place mentally.

• Michele Roberts

June 3, 2022 at 1:10 pm

I work out daily.   Everything is low impact and plenty water.  As much as I love the heat, working out till I sweat dehydrates me very quickly.  I stop before sweating.   Small burst throughout the day.  I manage stress very well.

• Tito Oye

June 8, 2022 at 10:22 am

@healed56 I love that you’ve found your balance between what your body can handle and when you might be doing too much!
      What form of exercise do you do?

• Kassem Banawer

June 3, 2022 at 4:57 pm

@Tito there are many movies i liked, usually i’m watching action, movies thriller, scary, scincefiction, and some of romantic movies, also playing online games is the best anti-stress medication

• Tito Oye

June 8, 2022 at 10:24 am

@virus what was the last film you watched?

• Kassem Banawer

June 10, 2022 at 5:46 pm

hello again @Tito my last film watched is terminator 3 its old but I like these types of movies since fiction and action.

what about you, what is the type of movies you like ?

• Tito Oye

June 13, 2022 at 2:46 pm

@virus I love a good superhero movie!!!

• Kassem Banawer

June 14, 2022 at 9:25 am

very nice movie LOL

• Joyce

June 19, 2022 at 3:34 am

Prayer