• Will You Keep Masking?

Posted by Tito Oye on October 10, 2022 at 7:59 am

Now that it is getting colder, flu season is upon us. However, in addition to the typical cold and flu, we need to also be mindful of coronavirus as the chances of catching it is increased during these colder months.

Make sure you take the necessary precautions.

I for one will be wearing face masks again. What will you do?

Michael Quadri replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Kassem Banawer

October 11, 2022 at 9:28 am

Actually I didn’t takeout my mask even in where i live they canceled the corona virus procedure but I still wear it everywhere, at the beginning of Autom now and like every year I will take the seasonal vaccine, its normal protection procedure for me every winter season and I have to take care more about protection especially infection from anyone around me in work and everywhere, that’s it and just continue my life as usual.

• Tito Oye

October 14, 2022 at 4:08 am

@virus yes a lot of countries have scrapped their covid protocols, it’s important that we take our care into our own hands, especially during these colder seasons.

• David

October 11, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Absolutely.

Haven’t stopped wearing a mask since the pandemic started. Bought hundreds of the N95 ones from 3M and have now invested in some patterned ones to go with clothes etc. It’s an everyday part of my attire now like underwear or shoes, there’s no second thought about it. Dealing with the snarky comments, smirks or wide births is just part and parcel of it now but I would rather deal with that than COVID. I have met people with “Long COVID” and it has turned their world upside down. It’s actually stopped me from contracting regular colds so I’ll keep masking, thank-you.

• Tito Oye

October 14, 2022 at 4:14 am

@dunblazin it’s great that it’s now a habit for you, and you’re right, it’s not just covid that the masks protect us from!

• Mrs. Norris-Mulligan

October 11, 2022 at 9:50 pm

I am continuing to wear a mask. I also ask healthcare professionals who are caring for me during my appointments to wear a mask. I make plans based on the number of people who may be present at an event before I decide to attend. I use the home test when a few friends/relatives will be together.

I have received my Flu shot for this season. I am in the process of getting the vaccine for the Omicron variant.

Hope all will stay well this fall and winter.

• Tito Oye

October 14, 2022 at 4:16 am

@enorris you seem very intentional about the environments you expose yourself to which is amazing and I am sure that it does wonders in keeping you as healthy as possible!

• Michael Quadri

October 27, 2022 at 8:12 am

Some really great points have been made! I haven’t worn a mask in a while but now that it is getting to the colder seasons, I’m considering starting again.