Sickle Cell Disease News Forums Forums Adults​ ​With​ ​Sickle Cell Go To Distractions From Sickle Cell

• Go To Distractions From Sickle Cell

Posted by tito-oye on January 17, 2023 at 9:00 am

Whenever I feel a crisis starting, in addition to using my painkillers, making sure I am well-hydrated and keeping warm, I make an effort to distract myself. 

I’m not sure how it works exactly, but distractions have often helped me take my mind off the pain and make the situation a lot more bearable.

My favorite distraction is laughter, whether, from a film or a conversation with a loved one, laughter truly feels like medicine.

What’s your go-to distraction?

michael-quadri replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • kassem-banawer

January 17, 2023 at 4:02 pm

For me Tito during pain management period if i can set there are many things can distract me like watch movies or playing games or reading , but if i’m still in pain nothing can distract me in this case i need to take rest and sleep until the pain cool down.

• tito-oye

January 18, 2023 at 6:06 am

Yes @virus, unfortunately there are times when the pain is so intense that no distraction is strong enough, and in those cases, sleep is the best option for me.

• osei-bonsu

February 4, 2023 at 7:03 pm

For me when I fell a crisis starting, I start to listen to music or read something interesting and sometimes it brings the pain down

• michael-quadri

February 10, 2023 at 6:05 am

It’s good that you can find some form of relief in thesw things. @ephraim771 what is your favourite genre of music, or what types of books would you read during a crisis?