• Benefits of Vitamin D

Posted by michael-quadri on September 21, 2021 at 9:00 am

People with sickle cell typically have lower levels of vitamin D, and this may contribute to the condition worsening.

It is often recommended for people with sickle cell to have a good amount of vitamin D in their diet, and there are benefits of doing so such as a reduced risk of chronic pain, osteoporosis, bone fractures, and muscle weakness.

Do you take Vitamin D supplements?

tito-oye replied 2 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • kassem-banawer

September 22, 2021 at 4:48 pm

nop, I’m not, I thing its normal with me.

• cynthia-james

September 24, 2021 at 5:28 pm

I just got my Vit D levels tested as I want to see where I am so that I’ll know how much I need to take to get to an optimum level. There are lots of studies showing a correlation between low Vit D levels and how well people do with Covid..

• ethan-clement

September 25, 2021 at 3:01 pm

After having taken vitamin d for a year and a half at the time covid started I am convinced that vitamin D is beneficial.  I typically get a cold every 3 months and since starting taking the supplement I have not had a single cold.  I do not have an underlying condition, however my son does have sickle cell disease.  He’s taking plenty of other medications; taking vitamin D would be the giddy limit at this point in his life, as benefitial as it may be to do so.

Ethan

• rochelle-richard

February 11, 2022 at 1:05 pm

Greetinz

Taking vitamin D 3 is truly a very good thing for sickle cell patients.

• tito-oye

February 16, 2022 at 9:14 am

Thanks for your contributions guys. I recently started taking vitamin D, I’m hoping to notice an improvement sooner rather than later *fingers crossed*.