Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Quadri

People with sickle cell typically have lower levels of vitamin D, and this may contribute to the condition worsening.

It is often recommended for people with sickle cell to have a good amount of vitamin D in their diet, and there are benefits of doing so such as a reduced risk of chronic pain, osteoporosis, bone fractures, and muscle weakness.

Do you take Vitamin D supplements?

Kassem Banawer
    Participant

nop, I’m not, I thing its normal with me.

Cynthia James
    Participant

I just got my Vit D levels tested as I want to see where I am so that I’ll know how much I need to take to get to an optimum level. There are lots of studies showing a correlation between low Vit D levels and how well people do with Covid..

Ethan Clement
    Participant

After having taken vitamin d for a year and a half at the time covid started I am convinced that vitamin D is beneficial.  I typically get a cold every 3 months and since starting taking the supplement I have not had a single cold.  I do not have an underlying condition, however my son does have sickle cell disease.  He’s taking plenty of other medications; taking vitamin D would be the giddy limit at this point in his life, as benefitial as it may be to do so.

Ethan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account